The curriculum is based on the Natural Learning process of children. We believe that learning is an instinct. We have created a Non-violent learning environment where Synthesis of knowledge is happening through Experimental learning and Indigenous way of knowing. Through living a simple life children become self reliant and learn to take initiative to become change catalysts. The concept of "bread labour" as explained by LEO TOLSTOY and later included in the educational revolution called NAI TALIM by Mahatma Gandhi is an integral part of the philosophy of puvidham.
Stories linked to Learning
Age group – 3 to 5 Years LKG/UKG – Tamil English Activities
5 to 7 Years 1st/2nd – Tamil English Activities
7 to 9 Years 3rd/4th – Tamil English Activities
9 to 11 years 5th/6th – Tamil English Activities
We are in the process of developing course materials for age groups 11 and above.
- Self correcting inset boards
- Jigsaw puzzles
- Picture cards matching, Face up - Face down.
- Alphabet cards in Tamil or English - Matching.
- Flash cards "pictures"
- Colour coded number rods.
- Counting with beads, stones, leaves, etc.
- Numeral - number, matching cards, number board.
- Story telling by teacher ---by children
- Listening to rhymes on audio tape - -dancing /moving.
- Colouring with crayons, poster paints and brushes.
- Cut and stick, clay dough, pouring and filling, balancing objects on head.
- Walking on pipes, lines, balancing sticks, juggling.
- Writing on sand and slates.
- Rock art, pronounciation games & singing.
- Flash cards -English -Tamil - Hindi - word cards.
- Alphabet cards - Hindi - matching - fishing.
- Reading story books in English and Tamil.
- Text books for Science, social science and math.
- Math work book - using material to understand the abstract ideas.
- Geometry - area calculations using unit board, study angles using circle board.
- Fractions - using fraction cards to add and subtract.
- Story reading by teacher or audio tape.
- Story writing - drawing pictures, - and making it into a book.
- Drawing shapes using scales set squares compass, protractors, etc.
- Clay modeling, paper folding, making small toys.
- Stitching - small bags, purses, dusters, etc.
- Alphabet cards - English - Tamil , matching, fishing .
- Word cards - English - Tamil, matching, fishing .
- Rhyming words cards .
- Making words using the movable alphabet.
- Flash cards - pictures - words.
- Number rods - place value cards up to 9999.
- Counting stringed beads … counting on abacus.
- Addition - subtraction using boards, beads, and number rods .
- Multiplication and division using beads or stones or sticks.
- Drawing lines using scales, patterns using cut shapes.
- Over writing - copy writing - worksheets.
- Story reading by teacher or audiotape.
- Story telling by child - teacher helps to draw pictures describing the story .
- Colouring with crayons, painting with poster colours
- Clay work, cut and stick, stitching.
- Word cards, opposites, synonyms, rhyming words - English, Tamil, Hindi.
- Text books for english, tamil, hindi, science, social science
- Math work book - work with material.
- Draw their family tree.
- Write the story of how their parents met and married.
- Write two anecdotes describing the saddest and the happiest moments in the lives of any relatives. Draw 6 pictures to illustrate the event.
- Study the history of their village by talking to elderly people about the living conditions, rainfall, vegetation and wildlife of the past.
- Make a model of a village with card paper.
- Draw scaled maps of their villages.
- Write a story, draw pictures to illustrate it and make a book.
- Write a poem and make a picture to go with it.
- Clay modeling, painting, cut and stick, collage work, puzzle making.
- Make puppets and do a puppet show.
- Experimental farming on a small plot of land.